Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Trains, Binkies, and Fairies...

I knew this day would come.


I knew my little boy would grow up.


I knew I would not be ready for it when the time came.


Here it is whether I am ready for it or not!


The Superhero has been doing FANTASTIC with the potty! He likes to do it ALL by himself. He pees and poops on the potty ALL the time!


He wanted to wear underwear for naptime. I was not ready. I let him anyway, and he did great!


He wanted to wear underwear shopping. I was not ready. I let him anyway, and he did great!


He wanted to wear underwear to bed. I was definitely NOT ready. I let him anyway (yes, I am crazy), and he did GREAT!


My little boy is growing up!


On Monday at the dentist we were told that we needed to get rid of the binky soon. The Daddy and I decided we would wait until after the holidays were over and potty training was more regular.


We talked about how we would make the binky exit. We decided we would have a Binky Fairy come take the binkies away and then the Train Fairy would bring his train set back into the house. (We put them away a while back because of The Princess, we rotated other toys in their place)


We PLANNED on waiting until January. The Superhero had is own idea. Mr. Independent asked for the trains yesterday. Ok, more than asked, he pleaded, begged, bugged me about the trains ALL day. I don’t know what made him think of them all of a sudden. We have not had them out in months.


BUT, since he brought them up, I told him that if he wanted the trains back, he had to leave his binkies out for the Binky Fairy. If he went to bed with no Binky and slept all night without them, the Train Fairy would come and set up his trains.


So, even though we were not ready, The Superhero was. We went through his room and found all of his binkies. Piled them on the dresser in his room and left them for the Binky Fairy.


To my surprise, he fell asleep without them! He slept all night without them!


And of course, the Binky Fairy came for the binkies. And the Train Fairy brought the trains. And the little boy grew up!


At least I have a little girl. I hope she stays little for a while longer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails