Saturday, January 2, 2010

DONE!

I am SO DONE with illness right now!

2 weeks before Christmas The Princess had an ear infection.

1 week before Christmas The Princess had Croup.

Thank GOD she was healthy for Christmas.

Now one week later, she is sick AGAIN! This time it is a stomach bug. She seemed a little "off" on Thursday and cried most of the morning. I fed her lunch like normal, nursed her, and then IT happened! She threw up ALL over the both of us.

She enjoyed her first shower ever. We both got cleaned up and I put her down for a nap. She seemed a little off the rest of the day. She ate a little at dinner, but not a whole lot.

She still seemed a little off the next morning. I put her down for her nap a little early so I could run some errands while she slept. When I got home she started to wake up and was crying in her crib. It was not a normal cry. This was the "mommy, something is wrong" cry. I knew something was wrong. I go in to her room and sure enough, she threw up all over the place. She was just sitting in the mess crying. I felt so bad for her. After chatting with Nurse Wendy last night I decided it must just be a stomach bug. I needed to keep an eye on her and make sure she was hydrated.

She continued to seem "off" for the rest of the day. She has been WAY crankier than normal. She has not thrown up since yesterday, but is still not feeling well. It took me 2 hours to get her to take a nap today. She just would not stop crying. She is miserable.

Then my mom called. She did not want to scare me, but wanted to remind me of the fall The Princess did on Wednesday at the Picture People. I was not with The Princess when she fell, so I did not know how bad it was. She apparently fell and hit her head pretty hard on the hard floor. My mom said she seemed stunned and only fussed for a minute. The Princess acted fine the rest of that day so we did not think any more about the fall, until today. We started to put the pieces together.

Hit head = possible concussion = throwing up = irritability = etc

I put in a call to Nurse Wendy to see what we should do. (Thank God for friends like her!) She said we should take her to the ER and get it checked out. So off we went!

They did the routine checks at the ER. Felt her head, listened to her heart/ lungs, looked in her throat/ears, blood pressure, pulse, weight, etc. The determined that it must just be a tummy bug.

Due to some bad experiences with ER docs leading up to The Superhero's dx, I have a hard time trusting the ER docs. I think he could tell that I did not fully trust what he was saying. He sent in another doc to confirm what he was telling me. I am REALLY trying to trust that this is just a tummy bug. It probably is.

BUT I am usually right when I have a gut feeling about something. Every time my kids have an ear infection, croup, rash, etc I have been right. It is hard for me to trust that they know what they are doing/saying.

So for now, we are at home. She is still cranky, not sleeping well, not eating well, and just miserable all around. I gave her some motrin in case she is any pain (I was thinking headache). I can't wait for this to pass.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails