Monday, March 29, 2010

Honored

My brother Eric lives in Washington state and has a friend named Mike. I have only met Mike a couple of times since they live in WA and I have only been up there once.

I have however gotten to know Mike a little through Facebook. We have sent Christmas cards back and forth, etc. I have learned a little about Mike and he has learned about us. He knows all about The Superhero's diabetes. In fact, he and his wife sent us the first card we received after The Superhero was diagnosed with Diabetes. That card and the thoughts and prayers from them meant so much to us during that difficult time.

Fast forward to this past Friday. I received an email from Mike letting me know he is planning on riding 100 miles in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure on May 22nd in WA. Not only that, BUT he wants to ride in honor of THE SUPERHERO!

I feel so honored and so Blessed that he would want to do this for The Superhero. This means the world to me and to my family. So after I stopped crying, I wrote up an email response explaining what life is like with Diabetes and why a cure is SO important to us.

He used the info I sent to create his fund-raising page. Click here to view the page and to donate if you would like. Not only will Mike be raising money in honor of The Superhero, he will be riding 100 miles with The Superhero's picture attached to his bike.

Mike, I hope The Superhero is helpful at motivating you to complete your 100 miles! He is my hero each and every day!

We thank you SO much for raising money and awareness for this disease. I cannot wait to see pictures of you on the ride. I also cannot wait to see how much money we can raise together for the American Diabetes Association!

Insulin is NOT a cure, it is life support!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails