Monday, May 17, 2010

Diabetes Blog Week - Day 7: Dream a Little Dream



Dream a little dream - life after a cure. To wrap up Diabetes Blog Week, let’s pretend a cure has been found. We are all given a tiny little pill to swallow and *poof* our pancreases are back in working order. No side effects. No more insulin resistance. No more diabetes. Tell us what your life is now like. Or take us through your first day celebrating life without the Big D. Blog about how you imagine you would feel if you no longer were a Person With Diabetes.

We were WAY too busy to post yesterday, so please excuse my lateness. :-)



Oh if this would only happen! I try to have hope that this will happen in The Superhero’s lifetime. I also have a hard time and don’t want to get my hopes up.


BUT if there was a cure here is what I think we would do…


1) Have a HUGE party with all of our friends with kids who formerly had Diabetes, or those who had it themselves. Maybe even a HUGE vacation together. And of course, we will have the money for said vacation because we will be saving SO much money from not having to buy all of the supplies needed to manage the disease we no longer have to deal with.

2) We will BURN all of the old Diabetes stuff. Although, knowing me, I will keep a few things around JUST IN CASE this “cure” does not work out.

3) I am sure we would eat meals and still think about the carbs, we would try not to, but I am sure it would still happen for a long time.

4) I would LOVE to let The Superhero run around like a crazy child without having to worry what it is doing to his BG. And he can swim to his little heart’s content.



That being said, if we don’t get a cure in his lifetime, I am SO thankful for all of the friends we have made along this journey. We will still live happy, fulfilling lives with Diabetes thrown in the mix. I am just happy to have my little boy here with me, each and every day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails