Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Facts About Tracy

Thanks to reading Shamae's post, I am required to blog random facts about me. :-)

If you read this, please create your own list and comment on mine so I can read all about you!


Hope you learn something along the way...

1) I love babies. I have always loved babies. I used to play with baby dolls when I was younger, until I was at least 12 years old. I would pretend they were real and would even buy real baby bottles and clothes. I used to play with any baby around. I worked in a daycare for my first and second jobs and just loved the baby room. I used to babysit all the time when I was not working. Love taking care of them. Love holding them. Love hanging out with them. (maybe it is because they can't talk back!)

2) I only "dated" one person in High School. And I broke up with him on our first date. We went to a concert (Clay Walker) that I chose. He lost his contact, so he could not even see. And we had to drive him home afterward. That was an AWKWARD car ride. My brother was our chauffeur and probably thought it was awkward too. I still can't believe I treated him that way, I was young, what can I say. If you ever read this, I am sorry Tom.

3) Rod and I met online. Yahoo personals. I had to meet a few other "interesting" guys first. Two of the four I met in person I am pretty sure are not straight, they just don't know it yet. I mean who wears white painters pants on a date? And who orders diet coke and a turkey dog? I mean really? Thank God Rod was #4 and we fell in love.

4) I don't like scary movies. I don't like sci fi movies. I don't like being scared. And weird faced, yucky looking characters scare me. I even quit watching Heroes with Rod because I was getting creeped out at some of the characters. I also quite watching Ghost Whisperer for the same reason. I don't like getting scared.

5) I wore white on my wedding day. It represented more than just the color white. I was/am very traditional and "earned" wearing white. I am proud that I held out until my wedding.

6) I have big feet. I wear size 11 wide. (wide after pregnancies) I hate all you little-feeted-people out there who can walk into almost any shoe store and buy shoes off the shelf. I have been wearing the same black tennis shoes I bought after The Superhero was born and they are wearing out. I am dreading finding something to replace them with. I hate shoe shopping. (almost as much as I hate bra shopping).Hence wearing flip flops most of the year. (I am 5'11", having big feet does not stand out)

7) I have an obsession with dressing my kids cute. Not just cute, but SUPER cute. I had a hard time growing up and not having the Guess clothing or the clothes from the Gap. We just could not afford it. (and no, I don't blame my parents, it just was what it was) So, I choose to buy my kids clothes (or my mom buys my kids clothes) from Gymboree, Gap, Old Navy, Pumpkin Patch, etc. With occasional clothes from Target or Carter's. I am very picky about how they look when we leave the house. Sure, they might sit in jammies all day at home, but if we leave the house, they look adorable! Clothes and hair done. They look clean (most of the time) and put together. I am obsessed. (I do use coupons and shop sales when I can)

8)I, like Shamae, have a weird number thing. I cannot leave the TV volume on an odd number, unless it is a multiple of 5. It irritates me to leave it at 11 or 17, etc. And yes, Shamae, leaving your post with only 17 facts was hard for me to take!

9) I am a planner. I cannot just pick up and go somewhere easily. I like to plan my days, weeks, months out and have a set plan. I hate doing things last minute. I even planned both of my kids delivery dates. I was allowed to induce 10 days early with both and scheduled them both. I have a fear of the unknown and wanted to control what little I could, even with childbirth.

10) I tend to hold a grudge. If you get on my bad side, or hurt someone I love, I might not get over it. Or it might take a REALLY long time. I am trying to get better at this and just forgive and move on.

11) I am a HUGE procrastinator! I should be working right now. I have a TON to get done, and it will get done, just not right now. I procrastinate everything until it absolutely HAS to be done. I have always been this way and I don't think it will change any time soon.

12) I LOVE math. I know I am weird. In college I took a math class FOR FUN! I don't know what it is, but I love it. It must be in the genes, because my dad loves math too. My favorite is algebra. I could do algebra all day long! (I do hate geometry though!)

13) I was in a roll over accident almost 10 years ago that left a huge hole in my right arm. They had to do a skin graft to repair it. There are some minor scars on my left hand as well. I ended up getting a $30,000 settlement. I wish I had saved some of that money for my future instead of just blowing it all. I was young and stupid, what can I say?

14) I ditched school for the first time when I was in 2nd grade. We lived in an apartment complex and the school bus did not pick us up one day. So all the boys walked to school and all the girls decided to ditch. We hung around the complex for the day and hid behind garbage cans when we thought someone was coming. One by one, we got caught and had to go home. I am happy to say I was the last one to get caught. :-)

15) My first car was a 1979 VW Bug. She was yellow and her name was Sunshine. I got this car before my senior year in high school and drove it to school everyday. I would have my younger brother, we would pick up his friend, and then we would pick up my friend. The two boys squished into the back seat and my friend sat up front. It was a very tight fit, but at least we made it to school every day. Looking back, I wish I had appreciated my car more. I miss Sunshine. When I bought a new car a few years later, my brother took over Sunshine. My parents had it painted and Sunshine became The Blue Beast.

16) When I was a senior in HS I was obsessed with Shania Twain. I loved her. I loved her music. We would listen to her CD in the car every single day. My brother and his friend learned all the words too, even if they did not want to. I was lucky enough to get tickets to her New Years Eve concert here in Phx for NY 98/99. It was awesome. Who cares if we were second level, last row, behind the stage! We had a BLAST!

17) I love Disneyland. Before, Rod and I had kids we would go at least 4 times per year. Now that we have kids we have only been twice. Once when The Superhero was 6 weeks old and just this past November. Each time is a new experience and it never gets old. We are hoping to make a yearly trip now that the kids are a little older.

18) I hate moving. We have moved 3 times in the last 4 years and I am not sure if we will be moving again soon. I hate packing. I hate the actual move. And I HATE unpacking.

19) I spent many years volunteering for a local soccer organization. I hate sports. I hate playing them. I hate watching them. My younger brother played soccer growing up, still does actually. Instead of playing, I played with the younger siblings. I volunteered as team mom/sister several times. I was the statistician for the region. I volunteered at the big annual tournament for several years. I loved helping. We definitely made life long friends through soccer.

20) I love to talk. A. Lot. I work from home and only talk to my kids most of the time. So when I get around adults, I tend to talk. a. lot.

And because of my weird number thing, I am ending at a nice even 20. Divisible by 2 and 5. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails