Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 2011 Blogger Basal - - - Lessons Learned

I was honestly hoping to do something a little more fun with the Blogger Basal for March, but the truth is March was a SUPER busy month for me and I just did not have as much time as I would have liked to put this together.

So instead I have focused on what we have all learned. That's the teacher in me. We are all learning all the time. So, now we can learn some lessons from each other. (lessons learned as I perceive them from reading through the posts myself)

And a side note before I begin, going with the "Lessons Learned" theme, I had Carrie Underwood's song in my head the WHOLE time. Enjoy this too. Listen to the words. They work well for this post.



In no particular order, here are the posts for the Blogger Basal for the month of March 2011. Enjoy!



  1. Bridget learned to follow her gut and test her T1 child at an unusual test time in the middle of the night and it was a good thing she did!

  1. Michelle learned about the incredible bond between her two daughters, one with type one diabetes and one who pretended she did for a day. Amazing story of two beautiful little girls.

  1. Donna learned why she grieves over Diabetes. Even after 2 years managing the disease, the grief still hits sometimes.

  1. Nicole learned that Type 1 diabetes is like a great big unanswered question and just when you think you have it all figured out the damn equation is changed!

  1. Reyna has helped us learn that it will all be ok. We do what we do because we have to. And we do it out of the love for our children.

  1. Misty learned how important an AMAZING school nurse can be and she takes the time to share about her awesome school nurse.

  1. Wendy learned what a BIG CANDY HEART one little boy has! We all love you, Rasmus!

  1. Heidi helped us learn about what her family did to celebrate the life of her T1 child, including several guest blog posts and a big party at the end! I totally want to steal the party idea!

  1. Denise learned how much fun art + Diabetes meet ups can be!

  1. Amy learned that diabetes does NOT define her son, it is NOT who he is, it is NOT EVEN NEAR what he is all about.  She was reminded; he is a crazy-happy-full-of-energy-six-year-old boy who has diabetes, NOT a T1er trying to be a little boy!

  1. Roselady learned to take a lesson from her T1 son! Cutting back on sweets is not so easy, until you see your small child doing it day in and day out. Hard lesson to learn.

  1. Hallie helped all of us learn the importance of being honest with our non-D friends because in reality, it is not them, it is us. What a great letter written to our friends not dealing with Diabetes daily.

  1. Meri learned that her boys are just awesome. And I have to agree, they truly are awesome.

  1. Laura learned that 1 year can go by SO fast. Super Nate has now been Podding for 1 year and Laura would never look back!

  1. Kris learned that her T1 Child thinks about and worries about Diabetes too. It is a hard thing to realize that our kids are growing up and our worry will become their worry too.

  1. Ashley learned that diabetes has a way of making every day moments get tense really quickly. And it’s the possibility of the things that are not thought about that can scare the life out of us!

  1. Lora learned that having dreams nightmares about Diabetes sucks. Why can’t we just dream about Unicorns and Rainbows?

  1. Jen is learning find a way out of getting so worked up in the middle of the chaos. Hoping someday to be able to embrace it and not let it get in the way so much. A hard lesson for sure.

  1. Heidi learned to find the sense of humor in her boys’ antics. And I have to say I had a good laugh too.

  1. Holly learned to find some Happy amongst the reality. Beautiful picture of your T1 kiddo.

  1. Heather learned that actions speak louder than words. She posts a nice thank you to her non-D friends.

  1. Shamae helps us learn the importance of being prepared for emergencies when type one diabetes is in our life. A very informative post for all to read.

  1. Hailey learned a lot at the JDRF Government Day in Washington D.C. and enjoyed meeting some fellow bloggers from the DOC.

  1. I learned that not all days go as planned and sometimes you have to just go with the flow.

And THAT, my friends, is the March Blogger Basal.

Please send your April posts to at Kris from My Sugar Bugs at mysugarbugs@gmail.com.


*Disclaimer: I am a mom of a T1 Diabetic child. I am NOT a doctor. I just play one in real life. Please do not take anything in this post or any other post on this blog as medical advice. If you have questions or concerns of your own, please seek advice from your doctor.*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great BB!!! Loved the positive spin on it with the "what we learned" topic.

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Great twist on BB! :)

I missed a few of those posts. I think some of the blogs may even be new to me. I need to go read. BB is so good for that!

Lora said...

Great Job my friend! I didn't recognise a few of those names either... I need to go check them out :)

Holly said...

Wow-you did a great job, and that was a lot of work! Thank you! : )

LaLa said...

I'm so behind on blog reading - I love the basal to ketchup. <---- hahaha - Emma said that tonight! Made me laugh. Get it - ketchup - catch up. Ok - I need some sleep.

You did a great job my sweet friend and I love that Carrie Underwood song --- I've never really listened to the words before --- love it!

Unknown said...

IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails