Thursday, April 7, 2011

HAWMC Day 7 - A voicemail to Diabetes

Today's topic: Leave your health a text or voicemail. Time to check in with your health! You call, ready to talk, but it turns out that your health isn’t exactly responsive and is probably screening your call. No matter – leave your health a voicemail. What does your health’s voicemail message sound like? And what are you going to tell your health today?

"Hello Diabetes, This is Tracy Ripley, mom and pseudo-pancreas to The Superhero. I was hoping to reach you today to thank you. I know, I know, this is not the kind of call you usually receive. As much as I despise you, I also am grateful for you in some ways. I feel I am more in tune with my kids as their mommy than I would be without you in our lives. You have helped connect me to the most wonderful support network of other people who live with you day in and day out. I consider all of these people my family. Without you, it is likely I would never have come into contact with any of them. So, Diabetes, Thanks again for being in our lives. Sorry I missed you this time around, maybe next time I call you won't be so hesitant to answer the phone. Although, next time, I might not be so happy with you."



*Disclaimer: I am a mom of a T1 Diabetic child. I am NOT a doctor. I just play one in real life. Please do not take anything in this post or any other post on this blog as medical advice. If you have questions or concerns of your own, please seek advice from your doctor.*

4 comments:

Kris said...

Great post, Tracy. I love that you looked it it from a different perspective. Although we hate D, I am so thankful to have found you and all the other wonderful D Mamas. I don't know what I'd do without you all. :)

Misty said...

Haha! That was funny. Kill 'em with kindness. On a serious note, I too am so grateful that if D had to enter our lives, I have you and all of the other amazing D Mamas out there to go through it with.

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Love your spin on this! I, too, feel grateful for D introducing us. :)

Jules said...

cool perspective!

Related Posts with Thumbnails