I would like to remind my readers that I am a math teacher, NOT an English teacher. Anyway, here goes...
No child should die due
to lack of insulin. Have
you saved a life yet?
I wrote this haiku in honor of the Life for a Child Campaign.
My friend, Wendy, over at Candy Hearts Blog has been putting together a much needed campaign to raise money to provide insulin to children in need around the world. I am hoping to do some things in the coming weeks, months, and even years to continue raising awareness and money for the Life for a Child Campaign. Because NO child should die due to lack of insulin.
It is estimated that there are 100,000 children with diabetes around the world who are in need of assistance to access insulin.
Without insulin, these children will die within 1 week.
Over the past several weeks I have been feeling drawn to this cause. I feel I am being led to help Wendy raise money to help these children.
Here is how Wendy says YOU can help...
1) Support these vendors! Think of them when you're making an online purchase, whether it's for yourself or a gift for someone else. Remember, your support will save a child's life!
2) Spread the word! PLEASE share via Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, chat forums, emails, and any other venue you can think of. Feel free to grab the button as a tool to help with that!
3) Please pray that this effort will, somehow, reach each and every child in need. I realize that sounds like an impossible task, but I believe in a big God who can do amazing things.
4) If you are an artisan who would like to participate, feel free to create your blue circle merchandise and contact Wendy today. There's always room for more love in her Candy Heart! (email@example.com)
5) In addition to making an investment in the Candy Hearts Collection, you can also make a direct donation. Donations are accepted on behalf of Life For A Child through HOPE Worldwide. (For more information about this partnership, click HERE.) The donation button below will link you to a page where you can make the contribution amount of your choosing in support of Life For A Child . All contributions are U.S. tax deductible. For information about tax deductibility in other countries, click HERE.
So, have you saved the life of a child today?
*Disclaimer: I am a mom of a T1 Diabetic child. I am NOT a doctor. I just play one in real life. Please do not take anything in this post or any other post on this blog as medical advice. If you have questions or concerns of your own, please seek advice from your doctor.*