Monday, May 13, 2013

2013 Diabetes Blog Week: Day 1 Share and Don't Share




Pre-post Note: I know I haven't blogged in like, forever. At least until last week's More Than A DMom post. Then I saw a link to Diabetes Blog Week and I am hoping it will be just what I need to get back into the swing of blogging. I miss it and I miss all of you!



Today's Diabetes Blog Week Topic:
Share and Don't Share...Often our health care team only sees us for about 15 minutes several times a year, and they might not have a sense of what our lives are really like. Today, let’s pretend our medical team is reading our blogs. What do you wish they could see about your and/or your loved one's daily life with diabetes? On the other hand, what do you hope they don't see?



Dear Dr. Dajani,

First I want to say, thank you.

Thank you for being an amazing doctor and relating to us on a real life level.

... for never judging when you find out that The Superhero's pump sites sometimes go without being changed for 4, 5, 6, and occasionally 7 days!

... for trusting that I know what I am doing and can care for him.

... for giving me the confidence in making changes.

... for believing in me as the mother of a T1 Child.

... for never making me feel like his A1C is my report card, even if I still make myself feel that way!

... for never judging highs.

... for understanding that LIFE happens and can cause Diabetes to be "ignored" for a short time.

... for always being available.

... for understanding that Diabetes doesn't play by "the rules".

... for supporting me when The Superhero has been in the hospital and the ER staff didn't know what to do with us.

... for being the most amazing and supportive endo we could ever imagine.

... for making me feel like there is nothing I can't share with you!


And that brings me to the topic of today's post.

There is honestly nothing our awesome doc doesn't know about our day to day life.

I feel like we hide nothing.

She sees our good, our bad, and our ugly.

She has heard about the times we have "forgotten" to take D supplies with us. We always manage to make things work, so in the end it is fine.

She has heard about the times we over or under-bolused for food. We always manage to make things work, so in the end it is fine.

She has heard about the times we have forgotten to bolus completely! We always manage to fix it, make things work, and in the end it is fine! :-)

Hopefully, The Superhero will stick with our awesome endo until he is too old to do so! Which, lucky for us, is well into adulthood!


Click here to read more posts from Day 1 of the 2013 D Blog Week.


See you tomorrow!


*Disclaimer: I am a mom of a T1 Diabetic child and a child with Allergies/Asthma. I am NOT a doctor. I just play one in real life. Please do not take anything in this post or any other post on this blog as medical advice. If you have questions or concerns of your own, please seek advice from your doctor.*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails