Yesterday we went for The Princess' hematology and ENT appointments.
We received great news at hematology. Her platelets are still up, 94,000! The doc said that since it has been 6 weeks since the last IVIG treatment The Princess is probably making platelets on her own.
We have heard this before, and then 2 weeks later her platelets dropped. I am trying to hold out a little hope this tme.
The doc also said that she really feels this is just ITP and she does not see a need for a bone marrow biopsy at all. That was also great news.
We go back on the 15th, or sooner if needed.
The ENT agreed with me that a second set of ear tubes would be beneficial. The left ear, ehich has no tube currently, is filled with fluid. We will also have her adenoids removed. This is commonly done when a second set of tubes is needed. I was told the scheduler would call me.
To my surprise, I got the call this morning. They have an opening tomorrow for the surgery. Since her platelets are up today, I took it.
So, she will go in tomorrow morning to get all this done. And hopefully she will feel great by Friday for her birthday. Maybe she will even start to sleep through the night!
I can hope...
*Disclaimer: I am a mom of a T1 Diabetic child and a child with ITP/Asthma/Dysphagia. I am NOT a doctor. I just play one in real life. Please do not take anything in this post or any other post on this blog as medical advice. If you have questions or concerns of your own, please seek advice from your doctor.*