Saturday, January 15, 2011

Illness Update

Well, I am feeling better today. It was definitely a rough week of achiness (just made that word up). I am still coughing some, but not too bad.

I took both kids to the doctor yesterday. The Superhero needed a follow up from his hospital visit and was not complaining of ear pain. The Princess has been breaking out in hives and is now sounding croupy.

The Princess seemed ok at the doctor's office, of course. I had the doctor write the rx for steroids in case the croupy cough got worse. Which of course it did last night while we were sleeping, that is how croup works. :-) She started steroids today and should hopefully be better soon. The hives could just be related to the virus she has, we are keeping an eye on them/her for now.

The Superhero has yet another ear infection. I asked the doctor why he has had so many ear infections and bouts with croup lately. 4 ear infections and 2 times with croup since Thanksgiving seems like A LOT to me. She agreed and said it could be a sinus infection that just one round of antibiotics would not be clearing up, which is why everything comes back.

I took him over for an x-ray of his sinuses and waited for the call. The nurse called me yesterday afternoon and indeed, he has a bi-lateral sinus infection (both sides). He will be on antibiotics 2x per day for 30 DAYS. And then we will repeat the x-ray to see if it has cleared up.

I am hoping this will be the end of the illness string at our house. As much as I hate him being sick and needing antibiotics for 30 days, at least we CAN treat it and it should clear up this time.


*Disclaimer: I am a mom of a T1 Diabetic child. I am NOT a doctor. I just play one in real life. Please do not take anything in this post or any other post on this blog as medical advice. If you have questions or concerns of your own, please seek advice from your doctor.*

3 comments:

Alexis Nicole said...

Poor kiddos! Sorry youre still having all the sick but glad they found the source for Superhero! Hope that clears it up and things just keep getting better! Wish you a full recovery too!

Unknown said...

The fun just never ends. I'll pray this is the last of it!

Amy said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. 'If Mama ain't well, ain't nobody well' ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails